[TxMt] Why is PyCheckMate doing a syntax check only?

Alex Ross alex.j.ross at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:09:31 UTC 2007

> I've come to depend on PyCheckMate (which I run via "Validate Syntax"
> in the Python bundle).  But "all of a sudden" it has started doing a
> "Syntax check only" (I don't know exactly when this started), which is
> much less useful.  (The syntax check misses a number of errors that
> the previous check would catch.)
>
> The window that opens when I do a validate shows "PyCheckMate r7337".
> Did it fall back to syntax check only when I last updated TextMate?
> How do I go back to the full validation?

Did anything change in your python environment?
Looking at the source of pycheckmate, it looks like
it should automatically use PyFlakes, Pylint, or
PyChecker if they are installed. Alternately, you can
set the TM_PYCHECKER name of the executable
you want to use to check the syntax.

The last change to PyCheckMate was back in May
2007, which leads me to believe that something
changed on your end.

– Alex