[TxMt] Creating temporary snippets....

Dave Carrigan dave at rudedog.org
Tue Oct 16 19:00:28 UTC 2007

On Oct 16, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Brian Huddleston wrote:

> I tend to use snippets a lot in textmate because they help me
> standardize my data (text files, reports, blogs, wiki pages, code,
> etc).  I wanted to know if there was anyway (or any planned
> features) that would allow the use of a temporary snippet, so that
> someone can:

There is already support for this under Gear->Textmate->Scratch
Snippet. It does have a tiny bug where if you have noclobber set in
bash it will fail when trying to create a second snippet, but that's
pretty easy to fix by removing the file before writing the new one.

> [1]: If there were 3-4 registers, then that would be even better.

It would probably be pretty to extend the existing code to do this;
just have a look at how the existing scratch snippet is implemented.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA