[TxMt] Rails bundle status, and a snippet for rails test fixtures.

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 17:31:03 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, James Edward Gray II <james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 11:21 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello Rick.
>
> > I finally got a macbook and Textmate about a month ago, primarily for
> > ruby/rails development.
>
> Welcome.
>
> > I looked at the various screencasts, and the one on the rails bundle
> > shows some features like the mdct (migration drop and create table)
> > and mrac (migration remove and add column) which use schema.db to
> > generate code in the migration's down method to recreate the table or
> > column being dropped or removed.
>
> The issue you are probably seeing is that most of these items have
> been renamed and have new, and more consistent, tab triggers.  You
> will find them in Bundles → Ruby on Rails → Migrations.

Okay,  they do work a little differently as well, the original mrac
would generate the down method as you filled in the up snippet where
the new one requires you to hit tab twice.

> > I did find what seems to be the bundle demoed on the
> > screencast at the syncPeople web site, and installed it, but it seems
> > to replace the 'standard' bundle which came with TM (the names differ
> > though).
>
> Don't do that.  ;)  The included bundle is a newer version of that
> bundle.  You should now look into:
>
> http://macromates.com/wiki/Troubleshooting/RevertToDefaultBundles

Well, the only bundle I found in either of the folders mentioned there
was the prototype and scriptaculous bundle which I'd downloaded.

I had saved the original ruby on rails bundle by dragging it to the
desktop before installing the syncpeople bundle, I dragged that back
to the TM application icon, so I GUESS I'm back to square one.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/