[TxMt] Rails bundle status, and a snippet for rails test fixtures.

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 16:21:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

I finally got a macbook and Textmate about a month ago, primarily for
ruby/rails development.

I looked at the various screencasts, and the one on the rails bundle
shows some features like the mdct (migration drop and create table)
and mrac (migration remove and add column) which use schema.db to
generate code in the migration's down method to recreate the table or
column being dropped or removed.

The rails ruby bundle which came with TextMate doesn't seem to have
these.  I did find what seems to be the bundle demoed on the
screencast at the syncPeople web site, and installed it, but it seems
to replace the 'standard' bundle which came with TM (the names differ
though).

What's the status of this/these bundles?

By the way, I wrote another mini-bundle which has one command which is
a 'magic' snippet for adding an item to a rails test fixture.  It also
works by reading db/schema.db

The code for the command in the bundle can be found in an article on
my blog.  I had planned to add the bundle as a resource to the
article, but it seems that typo(my blog engine) doesn't seem to
support uploading bundles.

The article is at

http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/articles/2007/10/09/my-first-serious-textmate-automation

I'd appreciate any feedback on this textmate command.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/