[TxMt] New Remote Project bundle

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Fri Oct 12 14:21:11 UTC 2007

On Oct 11, 2007, at 3:49 PM, Thomas Aylott wrote:

> I'm really glad someone has finally tried to solve this.
> Now if we could only get a super-simple ftp option instead of
> relying on ssh… <hint, hint> ;)

rsync was originally built to run over RSH, so you could use that
instead. :) And I noted this in the documentation, but rsync can work
with two local directories (or any two directories that *appear* to
be local), so you could always mount a remote filesystem via AFP or
NFS and sync them that way.

Is there an easy way to recursively transfer things via FTP? And does
it transfer the whole directory every time? That would probably be
pretty slow.

The Finder lets you "mount" things via FTP. If it looks enough like a
real filesystem (and that's a big "if"), then you could probably use
rsync between a local directory and a directory mounted via FTP.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.