[TxMt] New Remote Project bundle

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Thu Oct 11 18:44:13 UTC 2007

Some frequent discussion topics on this list are:

1. How do I use TextMate's cool project features when my directory is
on some other machine? Or…

2. I've created a TextMate project out of a directory on some other
machine, but now Subversion is broken. Or the extremely common…

3. I've created a TextMate project out of a directory on some other
machine, but every time I switch to TextMate, there's this huge delay.

I've had all of these problems myself and have developed a bundle to
work around them.

<http://kendra.oit.gatech.edu/remote_project_bundle.zip>

The intro in the bundle's documentation sums it up nicely:

## About This Bundle

### The Problem

You want to work with files in a TextMate project on the local
filesystem (for speed, Subversion compatibility, and other reasons),
but the files you're working on are useless unless they're on some
remote machine. This is most common with web based projects where the
code only works on a sever that has been configured in a particular way.

### Who This Bundle Is For

This bundle is meant to support a workflow where all (or almost all)
changes are made locally using TextMate, while all (or almost all)
viewing/running/testing of those changes will be done on a remote
machine (such as a web server).

For more details, run the bundle's Help command. If anyone uses this,
send suggestions to me or to the list. I'd like to go through a
couple of feedback and improvement cycles before submitting it for
consideration as an "official" bundle. Thanks.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.