[TxMt] LaTeX Typeset & View: feature request

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Wed Oct 10 21:15:16 UTC 2007

On 10.10.2007, at 21:09, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Hi,
> would it be possible to add support to the
> chktex semantic LaTeX checker? it's a nice
> program that checks for structural errors
> in the latex file and is able to spot errors
> in many situations (unmatched braces etc).
> It is more advenced than lacheck and last
> version 1.6.3 compiles perfectly on Mac OSX.
>
> The ideal would be to produce an HTML view
> with links to the offending lines (and to
> have an additional button "Chktex" alongside
> "Re-Run pdflatex"... etc

This would be really nice, yes. I just discovered chktex recently but
didn't get it to compile on my machine. Discovering errors in a file
which isn't caught by the syntax coloring can be sometimes difficult.
So, an integrated semantic LaTeX checker in Textmate including the
features mentioned above would be extra sweet!

Oliver