[TxMt] Todo Bundle: Strange Errors

Soryu Soryu at serenity.de
Tue Oct 9 17:36:02 UTC 2007

On 09.10.2007, at 18:28, Oliver Hagmann wrote:

> Hi there
>
> When running the todo bundle I get the following error about 9
> times in the output window:
>
> /Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib/textmate.rb:83:
> warning: Insecure world writable dir /Library/Application Support/
> TextMate in PATH, mode 040777
>
> Below, the Todos are displayed correctly. Is there an error on my
> side or is this a bug?
>
> Oliver

Nice, that seems to be a feature rather than a bug :)

The command (which is written in ruby) invokes the `file` (/usr/bin/
file) Utility at that line, which it what generates the warning. It
seems to have some built-in magic to detect that some directory is
world writable (chmod a+w) when it should not. I guess your project
references some files outside your home directory? I could try to
suppress this warning, though.

You can easily fix it by running `chmod a-w $dir` where $dir is some
directory of your project (Think about symlinks, too). Might probably
need super user rights to do that. `sudo` is your friend here.

Soryu.