[TxMt] Re: Python: SQL in triple " strings scope

Jacob Rus jacobolus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:36:38 UTC 2007

Alexey Blinov wrote:
> And want to do something with that sql text if its sql (colorize or
> Command-R it via SQLDeveloper etc.). But scope for that string is
> "source.python ... string.quoted.double.block.python"
> Is it possible to fine tune scope selector? Any advice?

At the moment, you have to either modify the python grammar, or create
your own new grammar which sources it.  It's hard to do such extensions
in an easy way which works for large numbers of users, and I can't wait
for TM 2.0, which will supposedly make this sort of thing trivial. :)

Anyway, take a look at the language grammar section of the manual.  If
you have any specific grammar questions, the place to go for real-time
help is the textmate IRC channel.

-Jacob