[TxMt] TextMate crashes

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sat Oct 6 06:02:14 UTC 2007

On 04/10/2007, at 19:06, Gerd Knops wrote:

> Lately TM occasionally crashes on me (once every few days), relevant
> info:
> [...]

 From that stack trace, what happens here is that a macro is executed,
that is triggering a command that needs the document to be saved, but
which the document is not.

This will cause the macro to be temporarily halted, while saving of
the document takes place (popping up necessary file requesters /
warning dialogs, etc.) -- after that, the macro is resumed.

It is after resuming, and querying the scope info in the document,
that the crash happens. My guess would be something like maybe the
document managed to disappear while the macro was stalled, so it is
querying now free’d memory -- but not really sure, seems there is too
much activity (in the stack trace) in the OakTextView object, for the
object to have gone (i.e. it would normally crash sooner, if the
object had been free’d).

Does any of that help maybe get closer to the actual problem causing
this? I do believe you have an ⌘S-overlaod, so very likely it is
somehow related to that.