[TxMt] slow loading of large html/xml documents

Thomas Aylott textmate at subtlegradient.com
Tue Oct 2 21:37:16 UTC 2007

You're best bet is to keep textmate from parsing a file with no
newlines at all costs.
It drives my batty, but it's just a core problem with how textmate 1.x
works.

What I usually do is rename the file to .txt then open it up with
wrapping turned on and reformat the file, then save, rename back and
then reformat properly.

It's a pain, but it's better than the spinning beachball of death

On Oct 2, 2007, at 3:39 PM, Raj Singh wrote:

> I've been seeing the same problem I think is described here:
> http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-July/020708.html
>
> I definitely see it with XML files all on one line (this is very
> common in my business as much of the XML I see is machine-generated).
> But I think I'm also seeing this with large multi-line files. For your
> testing pleasure, download the XML from this URL:
> http://giswebservices.massgis.state.ma.us/geoserver/wms?request=GetCapabilities
>
> ---
> Raj

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—