[TxMt] Dealing with Rails versions?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 15:37:40 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 10:24 AM, James Edward Gray II
<james at grayproductions.net> wrote:
> (CCing the bundle maintainer)
>
> On Nov 29, 2007, at 6:39 AM, Rick DeNatale wrote:
>
> > With the imminent release of Rails 2.0, I've started working on a
> > project in earnest on edge rails.
> >
> > I'm finding some things to be broken in the Ruby on Rails bundle due
> > to the Rails changes.  For example.
> >
> >    * generating a migration from textmate doesn't seem to work, it
> > prompts for the name, and runs but nothing is generated.
> >    * the mcol snippet(s) get confused by the use of 'sexy' migrations
> > in schema.rb
> >    * Partial extraction isn't savvy to the changes in file naming
> > (e.g. x.rhtml is now x.html.erb)
>
> Have you tried this last one using the very latest bundle in the
> Subversion repository?  I know there was recently a checkin regarding
> the ".html.erb" extensions, but I don't know if this particular issue
> was caught.

No I haven't.

> > So what are the plans for tracking the rails changes in the bundle?
>
> This is being discussed right now on the bundle development list:
>
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate-dev/2007-November/
> 010530.html

Catching up with that thread, I think that it will be an issue if you
can't easily switch rails versions between different projects.

In my consulting work, I have to deal with different rails versions
for maintenance, client requirements etc.

Right now, my bread-and-butter is on Rails 1.2, but...

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/