[TxMt] Dealing with Rails versions?

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:39:45 UTC 2007

With the imminent release of Rails 2.0, I've started working on a
project in earnest on edge rails.

I'm finding some things to be broken in the Ruby on Rails bundle due
to the Rails changes.  For example.

   * generating a migration from textmate doesn't seem to work, it
prompts for the name, and runs but nothing is generated.
   * the mcol snippet(s) get confused by the use of 'sexy' migrations
in schema.rb
   * Partial extraction isn't savvy to the changes in file naming
(e.g. x.rhtml is now x.html.erb)

So what are the plans for tracking the rails changes in the bundle?
And is there any hope that the bundle can deal with multiple rails
versions?  I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs to work with
different rails versions on different projects.

How are others dealing with this?

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby