[TxMt] Fetch post slug (Wordpress)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Mon Nov 26 15:54:20 UTC 2007

On 21 Nov 2007, at 19:51, Alexey Blinov wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2007 9:18 PM, Allan Odgaard <throw-away-2 at macromates.com>
> wrote:
>> Your patch is sane, just wanted to ask; shouldn't this be
>> considered a
>> WP bug?
>>
>> I.e. when updating a post, and a header is not provided, WP should
>> use
>> the stored value for this header, rather than "calculate" it --
>> similar to how leaving out date will not bump the date of the post to
>> now(), but rather use the date the post was already given the first
>> time it got posted.
>
> Hm... Maybe. But im not sure that blogging bundle didn't send
> header/title again when post is changing...

WP sends back title + slug, TM then updates the post, sending back
only the title. At least as long as the title is the same, WP should
IMO not generate a new slug (effectively a new permalink).

> Anyway its good to have
> slug back after post is submitted via Command+Control+D

I have now committed it -- I was not against the patch, just, your
problem IMO is caused by behavior I think should be changed in WP.