[TxMt] editing project on remote sshfs folder

Alex Ross alex.j.ross at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 02:35:35 UTC 2007

> well, i have had the suggestion of using capistrano from guys in
> rubyonrails on freenode irc, rails forum, and now here. .guess i
> should take the hint..

Capistrano takes a bit of work to get set up, but once it's working it
is sooooo nice.

> really, i want to, i am already using an off-site hosted subversion,
> and installing it on our server at work would be easy enough, i know
> very little about how it all works right now.
> What i have been doing, is making updates and changes on webrick,
> and when i like it, i copy the app folder over to the http folder on
> apache, change ownership to the webserver user, and restart apache.

If your svn server is off-site, i don't believe that should be a
problem.  Capistrano can automate commit/deploy.

> So.... I may get the chance to do this when we upgrade our server
> next week. Should read up on it till then, just kinda looking for
> something to help me out until then.

This thread has Rob McBroom's “Remote Project” bundle.  I haven't used
it, but you might give a shot to hold you over.

http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2007-October/022630.html

–Alex