[TxMt] [ANN] Select Balanced HTML Tag!!!1!

Saul Rosenbaum lists at visualchutzpah.com
Thu Nov 15 13:11:43 UTC 2007

Thomas - very large beer headed your way... I don't really care about
the speed, this works a charm..

-saul - visualchutzpah

On Nov 15, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:

YES!
You heard it here first folks.

I just added a Select Balanced HTML/XML Tag macro to the Experimental
bundle!

I've been trying different ways of making this work since I first
started using TextMate back in, what like 2004 or something?

I've tried regex, I've tried Ruby, I've tried everything I could
think of...
	But finally I've come up with something very simple.

The only real downside is that it's EXTREMELY slow. Like 1 second
from running the macro until it's done. But that's WAY faster than
using the mouse to manually select that same code, or trying to use
the keyboard to manually select it.

This is frankly the #1 biggest missing feature of TextMate that
directly impacts my life.

If this breaks anything, just remember that it's undoable. Command-Z
is your friend.
	Please also report and and all problems to me with an example of the
code that it chokes on.

If you only want to DOWNLOAD this macro alone, just visit this link
and double-click the file.
http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Experimental.tmbundle/
Macros/Select%20Balanced%20HTML:XML%20Tag.tmMacro

—Thomas Aylott – subtleGradient—