[TxMt] LaTeX: problem reading the preference file

Oliver Hagmann lists at interdisco.net
Wed Nov 14 09:59:36 UTC 2007

On 14.11.2007, at 10:46, Peter Cowan wrote:

> I too ran into this problem today, it appears to be a known issue with
> the python plist parser, not handling dates properly.  Brad recently
> committed a fix that always the command to use the PyObjC parser.
>
> The only downside is that Tiger doesn't come with PyObjC.  Your
> options are to upgrade to Leopard, which includes it.  Or install
> PyObjC, which worked for me, I downloaded an installer from here:
> <http://pythonmac.org/packages/>

Hi Peter

I must have missed that thread. Thanks for the hint. I went to
download the PyObjC site to download the package but I couldn't
install both versions I tried because obviously I haven't installed
an accurate version of Python (I didn't install any other version but
the one which comes with 10.4). Did you have to install a full new
Python version plus the PyObjC package or only the PyObjC package?

Thanks Oliver