[TxMt] LaTeX grammer for subscript

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:52:35 UTC 2007

Guido, I think the grammar you should be adding these constructs to
is the TeX Math grammar, since that is the main one that takes effect
in math mode.
The difference between $self and $base is indeed a delicate one, and
the choices we've made are perhaps not always the same. In this case,
I think the question is: Should we be allowing arbitrary LaTeX syntax
rules inside a math environment? For instance, should we recognize a
"\begin{document}...\end{document}" block within a math environment?
We opted for "no".

Best,
Haris Skiadas
Hanover College