[TxMt] svnserve or apache2 on Leopard?

R e m b e r t O l d e n b o o m rembert at floating-point.nl
Sun Nov 11 10:33:51 UTC 2007

I watched this thread for a while. I have subversion setups running
with two of my customers and it's just really easy to setup, I really
don't know what the painful thing is. The setups are always
within-company, no need for svn+ssh, just via http is enough.
Once Apache is configured correctly, it's just a matter of 'svnadmin
create' to setup a new repos, and copy some standard config file into
the repos. Easy to add to a script. I added some extra sweets to the
script so it will setup a trac-environment as well resulting in a near
perfect work environment. No need for reconfiguring Apache or
whatsoever, just run the script with a single parameter (project name)
and that's it.
One note: my subversion repositories all live on Ubuntu servers.

I did not know about Mercurial / Git so that was interesting to read
about. But as my setups need to be accessible for several programmers
- some come and go - who appearantly all just happen to know about
Subversion.