[TxMt] Error when running Bibtex through Textmate

Sebastian sk-online at maxi-dsl.de
Sun Nov 11 00:10:37 UTC 2007

Hello,

Today I always receive the error message

Running bibtex on mt.tex
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Applications/TextMate.app/
Contents/SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py",
line 443, in texStatus, isFatal, numErrs, numWarns =
run_bibtex(texfile=fileName) File "/Applications/TextMate.app/Contents/
SharedSupport/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/Support/bin/texMate.py", line 67,
in run_bibtex return stat,fatal,err,warn UnboundLocalError: local
variable 'stat' referenced before assignment

I did some "experiments" with the Bibtex setup and Command Editing in
the bundle editor, but I never edited any of those python files
manually.

The bibtex command is:

# just to remind you of some useful environment variables
# see Help / Shell Variables for the full list
. "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/html.sh"
. "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/webpreview.sh"

# Prepare output window.
html_header 'Run BibTeX'

texMate.py bibtex 1

The typeset & view command looks like this:

# Source some support functions we need.
. "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/html.sh"
. "${TM_SUPPORT_PATH}/lib/webpreview.sh"

# Prepare output window.
html_header 'Typeset & View' "$FILE"

# Compile.
texMate.py latex 1
RC=$?
html_footer

# Cleanup
# find . -name "*.log" -exec rm -rf {} \;
# find . -name "*.aux" -exec rm -rf {} \;
# find . -name "*.aux.bak" -exec rm -rf {} \;
# find . -name "*.toc" -exec rm -rf {} \;
exit $RC

I am using Version 1.5.7 (1436).

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!