[TxMt] svnserve or apache2 on Leopard?

Chris Adams chris at improbable.org
Fri Nov 9 18:32:35 UTC 2007

On Nov 9, 2007, at 4:33 AM, Richard Dyce wrote:
> Leopard ships with svnserve and apache2 - which option should I
> take? Has anyone managed to get a svn server running on Leopard yet?

Unless you need to provide access for people without accounts on your
server, go with svn+ssh. This avoids the need to deal with an entire
internet-facing service and since Leopard has integrated ssh-agent
support it's really painless to get going: just setup a repository and
where you would reference it as

	file://somewhere

on your server instead use:

	svn+ssh://svn.example.com/somewhere