[TxMt] Preferences file could not be read, might be related to LaTeX

scanez scanez+nabble at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 22:39:33 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am using build 1436 under Leopard. Whenever I run Typeset & View using the
LaTeX bundle, I get an error message saying "There was a problem reading the
preferences file, continuing with defaults", and the resulting pdf is
displayed in the Typeset & View window itself regardless of any settings in
my LaTeX preferences. Changing these preferences also has no effect. Now, I
tried removing my com.macromates.textmate.plist file, and was able to change
my pdf viewer setting in LaTeX preferences. This works fine, until I try to
change this setting again, at which I point get the same error as before.

Any ideas on what the cause may be?
Thanks.