[TxMt] Re: No Halloween-TM this year?

Eric Uner eric at uner.com
Fri Nov 2 13:22:40 UTC 2007

On Nov 2, 2007, at 7:00 AM, textmate-request at lists.macromates.com wrote:

> Thomas Aylott - subtleGradient wrote:
>> On Nov 1, 2007, at 1:50 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>> Heh… yeah, overall it was great, and the nut-reactions just added
>>> to the fun :)
>>>
>>> I was surprised by the many who expected a halloween theme as a
>>> recurring thing, someone even wrote me a week ago to tell that he
>>> had set his clock forward in anticipation of the theme, so it
>>> seems we definitely should make it a recurring thing, I guess we
>>> really need a seasons folder with themes for all the seasons :)
>> Sounds lovely. Can we just make it optional?
>
> No.  Allan will force us all to become members of his pagan/
> satanist pumpkin-worshiping (or in winter, snowflake-worshiping,
> etc.) death cult.  Muaahaahahahaha

I'd like to add to the chorus of sadness; the Halloween theme made my
day and it's a shame that some people have no sense of fun and humor.
When the stars are right and dred Cthulhu comes to claim us from the
unknown depths beyond nightmares, I know he will treat them in a
manner befitting their overly-serious views.

But I have to say I think part of what made the Halloween theme fun
would be taken away if it was up to me to apply it. I'd rather see
the fun continue, and I'd love a few more each year to be sure. I
suppose an option to turn it off once it appears, or maybe just
before, would suffice to quell the nay sayers (until Cthulhu eats
them, of course). :-)