[TxMt] Minor Pasteboard question (problem)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-2 at macromates.com
Thu Nov 1 17:36:14 UTC 2007

On 31 Oct 2007, at 09:34, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> [...]
> I only wonder whether TM could be configured in such a way to use
> either the "shared find buffer" or a "local find buffer". I believe,
> if any, that would be a question to Allan.

But I love the shared find clipboard [1].

Also, here what you dislike is really that Safari “pollutes” it,
right?

I.e. doing ⌘E in TM, then ⌘␣ (Quicksilver), cb (my CocoaBuilder
search shortcut) and 2 × ↩ to search CocoaBuilder.com for the phrase
selected, that is awesome, or see some message in Console.app, select
it and ⌘E, then activate TextMate, do ⇧⌘F and ↩ to find the
line responsible for the debug output is also a very nice feature… so
by entirely disabling the shared find clipboard because Safari puts
something on it that is not useful in TM, that is shooting sparrows
with a cannon, no?!? :)

[1]: http://blog.macromates.com/2005/the-shared-find-clipboard/