[TxMt] Re: Performance Request: Faster "Find in Project"

David Eriksson bbs at fatslice.com
Mon May 28 17:50:35 UTC 2007

We've talked about this earlier too,

but projects with big binary files (without extensions, if that
matters) seem to get searched even though they are big binaries.

It can be a 10MB+ file that it tries to find stuff in. Sometimes If
the machine is really low on ram, I can get an alert in Mate telling
me that we're low on ram and that big file cant be opened.

A setting where one could choose to skip searching files > x megs!?

Tried BBEdit, Xcode and searched the same project and they didn't
look in that specific file. I know that deciding if the file is text
or binary would be tricky, I mean we could have a 100MB+ postscript
file, but would be interesting to know what differs betw say TM and
xCode here.

/d