[TxMt] Textmate for remote files

Knut Ivar Nesheim knutin at urtete.com
Mon May 28 13:32:08 UTC 2007

Den 27. mai. 2007 kl. 08.56 skrev Malte Sussdorff:

> Textmate is great to work with, if you are using it on your mac.
> The moment
> you have a file on a remote server though, things get tough, at
> least with
> MacFuse using SSH.

I used TextMate over nfs and everytime TextMate gets focus it will
search through your project for changes made by other programs.

After a while as my projects, waiting for TextMate *everytime* it got
focus started to make me feel like a potential serial killer.

The solution(for me, at least): do a checkout of your code on your
local mac, edit with textmate, use scp(just create a command and bind
it to ^+command+s or something) to copy the files to the server.

It's great! :-)
--
Knut Ivar Nesheim