[TxMt] Textmate for remote files

Malte Sussdorff sussdorff at sussdorff.de
Sun May 27 06:56:01 UTC 2007

Textmate is great to work with, if you are using it on your mac. The moment
you have a file on a remote server though, things get tough, at least with
MacFuse using SSH.

Here are the most prominent problems:
- It is impossible to import a directory. You have to import the files
individually into the project. I don't know why this is the case, but sadly
it seems nothing can be done about it.
- Saving a file takes ages and locks up textmate. I have no problem if
saving the file takes time, after all it is going across a network. What I
don't understand though is why textmate has to lock itself up while it is
saving a file.

But maybe I am going the wrong way about it altogether for working with
remote files?