[TxMt] new shirt ideas/slogans

Henrik Nyh henrik at nyh.se
Sat May 26 10:04:20 UTC 2007

On 26/05/07, Lists In at IDC <listsin at integrateddevcorp.com> wrote:
> On May 25, 2007, at 7:47 PM, Cliff Pruitt wrote:
> > I'm not too big on the Text ⇥ Mate thing... The app name is
> > TextMate.  Breaking the name up seems weird.  Granted the tab
> > triggers are a core part of the app, but I'm not sure it makes a
> > good shirt.
> >
> > My vote is still for the app icon & the name.  Let it be as elegant
> > as the app itself.  The rest is starting to sound like tee-shirts
> > college students wear on spring break ("My Bundle is bigger than
> > yours...").
> >
> > Whatever... just my $0.02
>
> I agree.
>
> Minimalist, out of your face approach; just like the product.
>
> Less is more.

I definitely want it clean and simple, too, though that doesn't
necessarily imply the lack of a slogan/suchlike.

I made clean-and-simple (in my opinion) mockups of just the logo and
"textmate", and the same with "text⇥mate". I actually think I'd prefer
the latter after seeing it "in action". Just one character away from
full simplicity, but adds a lot of spice.

The PSD (Adobe Photoshop) is at
http://henrik.nyh.se/dump/TextMate%20shirt.psd (0.5 MB) if someone
else wants to play. Used Calibri for the font (very close but not
quite what's used on http://macromates.com/, it seems). The t-shirt
graphic itself is from some "make your own t-shirt" site.