[TxMt] new shirt ideas/slogans

Constantinos Neophytou ♎ jaguarcy at gmail.com
Fri May 25 23:55:30 UTC 2007

On May 26, 2007, at 2:47 AM, Cliff Pruitt wrote:

> My vote is still for the app icon & the name.  Let it be as elegant
> as the app itself.  The rest is starting to sound like tee-shirts
> college students wear on spring break ("My Bundle is bigger than
> yours...").

College spring break? I'd wear that to work... :)

> I'm not too big on the Text ⇥ Mate thing... The app name is
> TextMate.  Breaking the name up seems weird.  Granted the tab
> triggers are a core part of the app, but I'm not sure it makes a
> good shirt.

probably so... i guess the real question is what market is the tee
going after? and are we really looking for a single design, or
multiple ones? obviously textmate's user base is quite diverse, so a
single design might not make much sense other than just the name/
logo, which it then becomes like any other promotional tee, and not
necessarily something someone would wear regularly.

Then again, I'm often known to be completely wrong...