[TxMt] Refinement request

Steve King steve at narbat.com
Fri May 25 15:23:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 25 May 2007, Chuck Esterbrook wrote:

> On 5/23/07, Tyler Hall <tylerhall at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've noticed the same thing, Chuck. I've forced myself into the habit
>> of pressing command+shift+L after searching to highlight the current
>> line and bring attention to the new cursor location.
>
> Tyler, that's a nice tip. Thanks!

I do something similar with a "Select Nothing" macro:

     moveRightAndModifySelection:     (shift-right-arrow))
     moveLeft:                        (left-arrow)

This simply deselects the region, leaving the cursor at the beginning of
that region.  I have this bound to the ESC key, since that's what I'm used
to from other editors.  I also make heavy use of column (block)
selections, and it just feels awkward to make a stream selection, change
it to a column selection, then modify the selected area.  So I have a
"Start Block Selection" macro bound to ^B which does the first two steps
at once.

     moveRightAndModifySelection:     (shift-right-arrow))
     toggleColumnSelection:           (option)

--
Steve King, <steve at narbat.com>