[TxMt] open terminal and environment

Jay Soffian jay-txmt at soffian.org
Fri May 25 00:11:15 UTC 2007

So I happened to notice that when I use the Shell Script bundles
"Open Terminal" that my project environment variables don't appear.

According to this tech note:

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2065.html

osascript (which is what the "Open Terminal" command uses to tell
Terminal.app to open a window) passes its environment along, which
contains the project variables.

Is this a limitation of using "do script" instead of "do shell script"?

The only work around I can think of is to explicitly set the
environment variables inside the "do script" (possibly exporting all
the variables to a temporary file and then sourcing that file inside
the "do script"). That seems icky for a variety of reasons.

Thoughts?

j.