[TxMt] tying external action to actions in Textmate

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed May 23 22:13:41 UTC 2007

On 23. May 2007, at 21:11, Cliff Pruitt wrote:

> On May 23, 2007, at 1:43 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
>> There is no system for this, but it could probably be done by
>> creating a TM plug-in which observes the right conditions.
> Hmmm... Is there a good place to get any info on developing TM
> plugins?  I've seen plenty for bundles but not much of anything on
> plugins.  I'm just moving more into Cocoa & I'd like to "fiddle"
> with a plugin if I can find some info on it.

Well, the manual: http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/appendix#plug-
in_api

Though it basically says there is no API ;)

Creating plug-ins require a fair bit of knowledge about the Cocoa
framework, as TM itself doesn’t add to it, but rather relies on you
to know your way around this framework, and how to “hack” it to
inject your code in the proper places -- that said, on the plug-in ML
I do give out internal info whenever it helps people achieve their
goals, but I do not promise to keep the APIs the same for 2.0 (which
should make things a bit more open to plug-in developers).