[TxMt] access to symbol via TM_ variable?

Jay Soffian jay-txmt at soffian.org
Thu May 17 15:09:46 UTC 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 7:41 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> So you would need more than just the symbol, thus you would need to
> grep the document (from stdin) anyway?

Well, I was thinking that TM_CURRENT_SYMBOL could be either a . or /
separated path to the current symbol, where TextMate could use
indentation in the current symbol to determine its nesting. Obviously
for this to work properly requires a sane symbolTransformation.
Perhaps even a separate transformation list is appropriate to allow
bundle designers control over what TM_CURRENT_SYMBOL is set to.

Anyway, I've attached the two commands I setup for Python. I find
them highly useful in any case. :-)

j.