[TxMt] Unicode Documents in LaTeX

Constantinos Neophytou ♎ jaguarcy at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:44:49 UTC 2007

Hari, you might be able to easily answer this, but I'm posting this
question here in case someone else knows as well...

I'm trying to typeset a document entirely in Greek. Document body,
section/chapter headers, everything. I have TeXniscope installed,
using teTeX (and relevant packages) installed through macports.

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} at the top produces errors for every
character in the document, in the form of:

./untitled.tex:50: Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:Δ not set
up for us with LaTeX.

etc. I definitely came across this problem before, but I don't
remember if I eventually solved it or if I found it couldn't be
solved... Anything I can try to resolve this? (or typeset everything
in... ugh.. M$ w*rd??)

Thanks,

Constantinos

--