[TxMt] Issue with default task and RakeMate

Steve Molitor stevemolitor at gmail.com
Tue May 15 19:55:11 UTC 2007

I'm having a problem running the default task with RakeMate.  Rake reports
an error saying that '(default task)' is not a valid task.  I worked around
the problem by converting the 'task' variable returned by TextMate::
UI.request_item to a string on line 58 of rake_mate.rb:

  task = task.to_s

Apparently request_item is return an Array, so 'task == DEFAULT_TASK'
returns false.  Converting task to a string fixes it.  I'm using TextMate
1383, which is the latest cutting edge I believe.

Steve