[TxMt] Quicksilver action adding invisible characters

Graham English graham at grahamenglish.com
Mon May 14 04:21:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I started using the GTDAlt bundle and I wrote a Quicksilver action in
applescript to append text to my inbox.txt. I know I can just use
Quicksilver's append text but I wanted to write something custom. The
problem is it is adding invisible characters between every letter.
Any ideas why?

Here's my script:

using terms from application "Quicksilver"
	on process text theText
		set this_file to (((path to desktop folder) as text) & "GTD:" &
"inbox.txt")
		my write_to_file(theText, this_file, true)

	end process text
end using terms from

on write_to_file(theText, target_file, append_data)
	try
		set the target_file to the target_file as text
		set the open_target_file to ¬
			open for access file target_file with write permission
		if append_data is false then ¬
			set eof of the open_target_file to 0
		write theText to the open_target_file starting at eof
		close access the open_target_file
		return true
	on error
		try