[TxMt] Is the following pdfsync-instruction right?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat May 12 00:56:18 UTC 2007

On May 11, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Édouard Gilbert wrote:

>> I have now updated both the LaTeX and View command and the Show in
>> PDF Viewer command to deal with Skim. Let me know if they don't
>> work for you. (You'll of course need to set TM_LATEX_VIEWER to Skim).
>>
>> Edouard, I had no problems syncing with the files you sent me. So
>> please update the LaTeX bundle and try again, and let me know if
>> it still doesn't work.
>
> It appears that it's a path problem. When the path to my TeX file
> doesn't contain any space (I haven't tested it for other
> characters), it works as expected, but when it does, Skim just
> stays in the same place.
>
> The last line in the console reports:
>
> 79:79: syntax error: Expected string but found end of script. (-2741)
>
> The error remains the same when I try the same command, but used to
> be different when tried from other places.

I found the problem. It has to do with the code in the displayline
script that Skim uses. The last line in that script should have been:

/usr/bin/osascript -e "tell application \"Skim\"" -e "activate" -e
"open POSIX file \"${file}\" at TeX line ${line} from source POSIX
file \"${source}\"" -e "end tell"

Note that the ${file}, ${source} etc are not surrounded by quotes any
more.

> About your sript modification, wouldn't be
>
> if [[ "$V" == TeXniscope ]]; (...)
> elif [[ "$V" == PDFView ]]; (...)
> elif [[ "$V" == Skim ]]; (...)
> fi