[TxMt] subversion menu

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri May 11 15:50:04 UTC 2007

On 11. May 2007, at 17:18, Grant Hollingworth wrote:

> This is a repeat of a comment I made on the latest TextMate blog
> post[1].
> [...]

It is a system menu, and thus we are victims of system rules.

The system will, when you type a sequence of letters, sort all the
items in the menu (alphabetically), then it will find (in this sorted
list) the first item which is not (lexicographically) lower than what
you typed.

It will select that item in the original menu.

This means that even if we did place ‘Diff With Newest (HEAD)’ as the
first item starting with ‘D’, the system would still pick ‘Diff With
Revision…’.

(I posted this on the blog as well)