[TxMt] Using Projects on remote servers - the easy way

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Mon May 7 18:13:50 UTC 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Yann B wrote:

> Sorry if it's old news for some of you guys, but I just found out
> that using MacFUSE and sshfs makes it super easy to use TextMate
> projects/tabs with files on remotes servers (as long as you have
> SSH access).

Be careful with this. A co-worker has tried this method and we saw a
few cases where SSHfs gave us an older (cached?) version of a file
and even truncated the last 30% or so of a file on one occasion.
(Thankfully, we could just "svn revert" it.) Which brings me to the
other drawback: you can't do many svn operations on a working copy
that's mounted via SSHfs. Also, projects on remote filesystems can be
unusably slow.

I posted [a couple of commands][1] a while back that make it a little
easier to work locally and sync with a remote machine. I'll most
likely clean them up and make a bundle soon.

[1]: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/19079

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.