[TxMt] periodic key binding freak-out

Grant Hollingworth grant at antiflux.org
Sat May 5 15:49:33 UTC 2007

* Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com> [2007-05-05 02:12]:
>The 0x200000 is the NSNumericPadKeyMask.
>
>Are you using a PC keyboard possibly with some adaptor? Is there a
>num-lock key you can press? If so, try see if just pressing that
>doesn’t toggle the behavior.

I'm using my MacBook Pro's built-in keyboard.  Turning on numlock does give me that modifier, but it changes the key to its inset number pad equivalent: '*' instead of 'p'.

    Characters:	*
    Unicode:    42 / 0x2a
    Keys:       ⇧^*
    Key Code:   67 / 0x43
    Modifiers:  2490627 / 0x260103

When I was having problems, the key stayed as 'p'.  So somehow the mask was flipped on but without my keyboard layout changing.