[TxMt] Markdown bundle request

Rob McBroom textmate at skurfer.com
Wed May 2 18:57:09 UTC 2007

Could the Markdown bundle be modified to use a TM_MARKDOWN variable
(similar to the way the Subversion bundle uses TM_SVN) in the
"Convert document/selection to HTML" and other relevant commands?

I envision that the variable would contain whatever command(s) you
want to use for Markdown stuff and would default to the current
"Markdown.pl|SmartyPants.pl|perl…".

For example, I like to add the "--html4tags" option and get rid of
SmartyPants, but to do it currently, you need to modify the bundle.
(Which is fine in theory, but I worry that in practice, updates will
be missed.)

Or perhaps the "--html4tags" option should just be used/not used
automatically based on the value of TM_XHTML.

The current chunk of perl would probably be awkward to store in a
variable or to use as a default value, but perhaps it could be made
into a script in the Markdown bundle's support dir?

Just an idea. Thanks.

---
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>
I didn't "switch" to Apple... my OS did.