[TxMt] HTML Bundle in Version 1.5.5 (1383)

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue May 1 02:01:06 UTC 2007

On 1. May 2007, at 01:47, Philip Plante wrote:

> The reason I do this is because previously Textmate would turn off
> syntax highlighting for anything between {literal} and {/literal}.
> So I found that if you wrapped it in comments then it canceled
> out.  But now that this new update has come out it has changed that
> behavior again.
>
> Make sense?

So the real problem is with the {literal} rule in the HTML grammar.

What you can do is go to the HTML grammar in the bundle editor,
locate this rule, and insert ‘disabled = 1;’. Then you won’t need to
put comments around {literal} in your source.

What you really want though (I think) is probably for this rule to
include the HTML grammar (between {literal}…{/literal}) *except* for
the Smarty part of it (since we only want to disable Smarty in such
block) -- this is easy with the forthcoming scope injection, but
presently a pain to do (we’d have to restructure things, and it is
made further complicated by Smarty not being a grammar which we have
enabled by default)…

If there are any Smarty users which have suggestions as what to do
with the {literal} rule “out of the box”, I am all ear.