[TxMt] Re: exclude snippets from menu

Patrick Gundlach textmate at contextgarden.net
Fri Mar 30 14:42:15 UTC 2007

Hello Haris,

> Actually you might want to form groups instead, and have the snippets
> in there, so that they are still visible when you navigate the menu.

That is what I do now.

> If they are all encapsulated inside a command, you'll just have to
> change the command. Otherwise, you have to change each of these
> snippets individually, quite a pain if there are really several
> hundred of them.

They are all auto generated. So I could just regenerate them.

Just in case anybody is interested: this is for a ConTeXt bundle (a
TeX macro package). These snippets are invoked by tab completion:

\color <tab> -->

$3

or a slightly more complex example:

\filllinrules <tab> -->

$5

This way the user can find out about possible arguments and if they
are optional or not.

Patrick