[TxMt] TextMate/Python/Igor Pro

Paul Nakroshis paulnakroshis at mac.com
Fri Mar 30 12:07:07 UTC 2007

I posted the following to MacResearch, with no luck, but I'm hoping
there are some Textmate users that might be able to help me:

Does anyone have any experience sending data to Igor Pro from python?
I'm looking for a way to interface python to Igor Pro. I am using
TextMate to write python code that writes a data file. I manually
open the file with Igor Pro, set up a plot and then, when I re-run
the python script to make a different data file, I want to send an
instruction from python to igor to reload a data file, and that way
Igor will automatically
replot a graph. Apparently one can control Igor Pro via applescript
(which I haven't learned yet), and there is a python package called
appscript (http://appscript.sourceforge.net/) that can mimic
applescript. So,

1) does anyone have a sample applescript that can tell Igor Pro to
load a data file?
2) does anyone have an "appscript" (http://
appscript.sourceforge.net/) that would achieve the same end?

-paul

Dept. of Physics

University of Southern Maine

http://www.usm.maine.edu/~pauln