[TxMt] OT: VCS was - Wordpress alternatives?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Fri Mar 30 10:52:34 UTC 2007

On Mar 29, 2007, at 6:20 PM, Nicholas Cole wrote:
> On 3/29/07, Ollivier Robert <roberto+textmate at keltia.freenix.fr>
> wrote:
>
>> That's what revision control is all about you know :)
>>
>> I do the same with RadiantCMS, ruby 1.9 and a bunch of other
>> utilities. My
>> VCS of choice is Mercurial (http://selenic.com/mercurial) but that
>> should
>> not matter much :)
>

> Since you bring it up - what VCS are people using on OS X? Is there
> anything that integrates nicely with TM?

I use SVN for everything.
The number 1 reason for this is that my hosting company (dreamhost)
creates unlimited http'd svn repos with a quick form.
The second reason is that it is the standard chosen by all of the
Rails and ruby junk out there that I work with.

I've also messed around with SVK for handling finer grained control.
But I have instead moved to a separate stable/trunk repo management
system for my large projects and commit very often.

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors