[TxMt] OT: Wordpress alternatives?

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:22:36 UTC 2007

On 3/29/07, Gerd Knops <gerti-textmate at bitart.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> There are quite a few blog experienced folks here so I hope you
> excuse the OTness:
>
> Recently Wordpress has been buffing me: Security issues requiring
> immediate updates, too much manual labor for updates (especially if
> you maintain multiple blogs for multiple users on your linux server),
> upsurge of spam that can't even be stopped by disabling comments...
>
> Are there alternatives that address the above issues?

If you are looking at multi-users then look at b2evolution:

http://b2evolution.net/

It has functionality to handle multiple users very nicely.

When I wanted to switch from Bloxsom, I looked at lots of blog
platforms and eventually chose WP.  b2evo was in second place.  The
main reason I didn't get it is that it lacked a lot of plugins that WP
has and multi-users weren't that important to me.  That was a few
years ago, so maybe they have more plugins now.

> Thanks
>
> Gerd

Mike

--