[TxMt] SVN?

Ethan H. Darling ethan at grokcodile.com
Thu Mar 29 14:19:33 UTC 2007

Everyone/Anyone,

I'm new to Textmate (and just about everything else), and I just
finished reading the Textmate book (some sections got a thorough once-
twice-thrice-over).  Very good book, now I'm hooked on Textmate.

I'm just an amateur web developer looking to increase my skill and
knowledge. Textmate has been a great companion as It allows me to get
out of Dreamweaver and into the code, but I find that I have lost
some of the "project management" features of Dreamweaver.  ie, being
able to transparently upload completed development files from within
the application.  (Sure I can still get it done with Transmit, but it
is clunky.)  I searched the textmate discussions and wiki and came
away with the conclusion that SVN is the answer.  Problem is I know
nothing about SVN...  or where to start.

So, my question is...  "What is SVN, can I really use it to manage a
production website, and what is the best place, resource, book to get
information on how to install, configure, and use it?"  Sounds dumb
right.  Well we all have to start somewhere.

(I googled it and found more information than I can shake-a-stick
at.  So I thought that I would ask a smaller community that may
better understand my situation and give a little more intelligent mac-
oriented feedback.)

Thanks,

Ethan