[TxMt] Applescript question

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:39:54 UTC 2007

On 28-mars-07, at 17:39, Henrik Nyh wrote:

> Brandon Farr wrote:
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to change TextMate's display
>> font via Applescript. I'd like to do this so that I can work in
>> one font size, and print in another.
>
> Should be possible with GUI scripting: http://www.apple.com/
> applescript/uiscripting/
>
> So you'd either have AppleScript navigate the menus (View > Font >
> Bigger/Smaller) or fake keypresses ⌘+, ⌘-.
>
> That said, there might be a better solution than AppleScript/GUI
> scripting, but I'm not aware of it.

Applescript for "cmd +":[^1]

tell application "System Events"
  	key code 69 using command down
end tell

And for "cmd  -"

tell application "System Events"
  	key code 78 using command down
end tell

You can duplicate the "key code..." lines if you need.

To make a TM command:

osascript <<-APPLESCRIPT
tell application "System Events"
  	key code 69 using command down
end tell
APPLESCRIPT

[^1]: I used the Numpad's  + and - codes (69 and 78) as I don't have
a + key on my french kb (it's "shift ="). Most apps accept "cmd ="
instead of "cmd +", but not TM, so I have this command triggered by

--
FredB
http://geekthang.com