[TxMt] Re: Input Manager-ban and TM in Leopard?

Thomas Aylott (subtleGradient) oblivious at subtlegradient.com
Sat Mar 24 23:11:03 UTC 2007

On Mar 24, 2007, at 3:41 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:
> Brett Terpstra wrote:
>> No more reliable than Ars Technica (which is fairly well
>> respected), as far as I've seen...
>> http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2007/03/22/leopard-not-
>> ready-for-april--barely-beta-not-final-or-gold-master
>
> Still just a rumor though, from one anonymous source.  I would wait
> to see what Apple actually does before panicking.

I moved to panther even though all kinds of wonderful things broke.
You sued to be able to set the icon size in the finder per item. I
used to have my project systems in the finder. Then, I'd have the
size be the priority of the item.
It also broke uControl recently, oh man have I missed being able to
scroll by by moving the mouse. Sure, cocoa sweets kindof does that,
but theirs is totally broken as it first jumps then scrolls, you
can't just scroll a tiny bit at first.

I'm moving to Leopard the second it's released no matter how much
awesome stuff breaks.
But I seriously doubt that input managers really are disabled for
good. But you never know

thomas Aylott — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg — sixteenColors