[TxMt] escape-key for completion in latex

Claus Haslauer clausenator at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 13:12:55 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am trying to follow this approach in the latex-help file:

In the case where what is expected is a label, then pressing escape
will similarly offer all matching labels from the TeX document.
Depending on your naming conventions, this could for instance offer a
list of all theorems: If the labels for theorems are all of the form
thm:labelname, and you have included the colon (:) in the list of
word characters in TextMate’s preferences, then pressing escape when
the caret is right before the closing brace in \ref{thm} will offer
as completion options all labels corresponding to theorems.
If there are many matching completions, it is often more convenient
to use the pull-down-list versions of the commands, which are
triggered by ⌥⎋.

I do have ":_" (just a colon and an underscore, no quotations)in the
preference pane as Word Characters. Is this ok or do they need to be
separated / in quotations / ... ?
right in front of the closing bracket in latex mode, doesn't do
anything.

Now, I looked into the bundle editor, into the latex bundle in my
installation:
1) <escape> is the key equivalent for bibdesk completion
2) <alt>+<escape> is the key equivalent for "Citation based on
Current Word / Selection" AND for "Label Based on Current Word /
Selection" --- this seems a little weird to me. Is this how it should
be originally? Or have I changed this accidently at some point?

I remember a time when hitting  <escape> (I think) actually has
worked and I used "eqn:" and "fig:" for labeling and referencing
equations and figures, respectively. Should the difference between
pull-down list and hitting <escape> multiple times would move through
the possible choices?

Is this something that got changed over the releases (I am working
with cutting edge)? That leads me to another question: when a bundle
gets updated in the bundle repository... do those changes get updated
in each new (cutting edge) release or would I check them out and
update them as I would with any other "default" bundle?

Thanks for your help,
Claus